Toilet Flange Flush or Above Finished Floor?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogucki

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if this question doesn't cause some debate.

Should my toilet flange rest flush with the finished floor or should it rest on top of the finished floor? I've read for a few hours and the consensus is that the code states on top of finish floor but the people who do this for a living make it flush with the finished floor. Let me know...

It should rest on top of the floor. It's not a question of code it's the way they were designed to work. Setting it below the floor could cause a improper seal between the bowl and the flange. Unless you use two wax seals. Also be sure to fasten the flange to the floor.

John

It should rest on top of the floor. It's not a question of code it's the way they were designed to work. Setting it below the floor could cause a improper seal between the bowl and the flange. Unless you use two wax seals. Also be sure to fasten the flange to the floor.

John

Perfect answer --- I couldn't agree more

I believe the upc states the flange should be a 1/4" above finish floor which once the flange is set on top of the floor thats your 1/4"

You guys seem to be the only ones on the same page. Thanks.

Back