Tips for Removing Pex from a Plastic Manifold?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teej

Reaction score
I have my main water line hooked up to a plastic pex manifold (like the one pictured). I capped a few of the outlet lines on the mainfold when it was first installed, with the plan of using those outlets for future uses (basement bathroom, and ice maker line for my next fridge, etc). I'm now about to install the icemaker line before finishing my basement.

Does anyone have any tip for removing the pex itself from from the plastic manifold after the cinch clamp has been removed? The pex is on so tightly I can't pull it off. My concern is that I will damage the plastic pex manifold outlet by cutting the pex off and compromise the connection when I re-use it. I've included a picture to help demonstrate the problem. Would heating the pex with a hair dryer expand it enough to be able to remove it?

Thanks for any suggestions. I just don't want to damage the plastic manifold outlet and have to re-do the whole thing just because I wanted to add an icemaker line.

Pex Manifold.jpg

Pex Manifold Issue.jpg

That's all you have to do. Heat the pipe up enough that it starts to get malable then it will come off.

For what it's worth, those cinch clamps are junk. Use solid rings instead.

Thanks for the help. I will give the hair dryer a go.

Back