Tips for a trip in U.S.A.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alefromitaly

Reaction score
hi to all plumbers mates,I say sorry for my "off topic"..probably the next year I and some friends will come in usa for vacation(about 20 days),our idea is rent a car and visiting a little your big state..we have three ideas..the first make from los Angeles to San Francisco (el camino del rey)..the second is a trip across New Mexico,Louisiana and Texas,while the third idea is Rhode island,New York and Maine..I know perfectly that the days are few,for this,I ask you some tips (things to do,places where sleeping,eat,important things to visit etc.)for begin to plan this trip..any idea?thanks to all!proud of to be a plumber and a member of this forum!

hi to all plumbers mates,I say sorry for my "off topic"..probably the next year I and some friends will come in usa for vacation(about 20 days),our idea is rent a car and visiting a little your big state..we have three ideas..the first make from los Angeles to San Francisco (el camino del rey)..the second is a trip across New Mexico,Louisiana and Texas,while the third idea is Rhode island,New York and Maine..I know perfectly that the days are few,for this,I ask you some tips (things to do,places where sleeping,eat,important things to visit etc.)for begin to plan this trip..any idea?thanks to all!proud of to be a plumber and a member of this forum!

That is Awsome.
I would start a new thread just to keep the input all in one place.

20 days Not a lot of time.

If you are going through Southern New Mexico, Carlsbad Caverns is the place to stop.

Northern New Mexico. Anazi Indian Ruins that are pretty amazing.

Don't forget to stop in Las Vegas, NV. Not in the summertime though.

Not on your path but a Trip through Sedona, Arizona is a beautiful place to see
Pictures can never do that place any justice

Going up the Calif Coast. Stop in Monterey Bay and visit the Aquarium.
That's the place they filmed the Star Trek movie when the went back into time to bring a Humpback Whale back to the future.

You have to ride the cable cars in SF. Go to the top of the Bank of America Bldg and watch the sunset from the bar up there. Totally awesome to see the City light up. you can Coit Tower, the GG bridge, Alcatraz and Fishermans wharf

093.jpg

thanks mr david for your answer..very fast..for your experience(a ask because americans and European have many difference in this) is better rent an home in or is better stay in the motels dislocated on the streets?we have found a home for eight people in stinson beach near sfo for 600 dollars per day..seem inexpensive (but I've not idea about the other prices in this city)so we are tinking to visitvery well san Francisco,with a "touch and go in las vegas and Carlson city..how are the motels in california?thanks again

I can answer with tips for your possible trips in italy if someone wants come here..:p:thumbup:

I may be prejudiced, but for overall beauty I would start in San Diego, and work my way up the Pacific Coast Highway until you reach San Francisco, or even farther north. You would be seeing San Diego (fishermen's village, San Diego zoo, Seaworld), Dana Point, San Clemente, Laguna Beach, Newport Beach, Huntington Beach (surf capital of the US), Long Beach, Port of Los Angeles (Queen Mary), Redondo beach, Manhattan Beach, Downtown LA, then cross into Santa Barbara, Oxnard, the Channel Islands, Moro Rock, San Luis Obispo (my favorite with nice wine country) Hearst Castle, Cambria (another favorite) Carmel, Monterey (great seafood), Gilroy (garlic capital of the world), San Jose, and then San Francisco (Fisherman's wharf, Alcatraz Island, Golden Gate bridge, fruits, nuts, all out craziness). Just north of San Francisco is the wine country (Sonoma, Napa, Santa Rosa, St. Helena, Calistoga, Oakville, Deer Park).

This would also take you very close to Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm, if that was your desire.

...is better rent an home in or is better stay in the motels dislocated on the streets?we have found a home for eight people in stinson beach near sfo for 600 dollars per day..seem inexpensive

If you are planning continuous road trip(s), maybe consider renting an RV with occasional motel stays to stay fresh?

Below just a suggestion and not recommendation-

https://www.cruiseamerica.com/

I agree if you are road tripping it go for an RV or two, then you can stay at beach campsites or wherever you choose and not have to rush anywhere. I agree start in SD and work your way up. I think the west coast will be the most rewarding sightseeing trip of all you mentioned. I've done the east coast one and it is nice but I believe there is more to see and do on the west coast.

In 20 days you could potentially start in the north east and travel south towards Florida then across interstate 10 or 40 to California then head up to San Francisco area. Only problem with that is you would probably spend about ten of your days driving but you would see more of the US than most of us do in our life times.

My friends and I always use AirBNB instead of hotels for sleeping. It is basically a service that homeowners will allow people to use their home for sleepimg and ita usually at a discounted rate

Thank you so much mates..good points of start!
Really interesting the solution about camper and campsites..
Thanks again..always more proud of is a member of this forum!

I agree, renting an RV could be a great idea for a fun road trip. Enjoy the vacation

we have found a home for eight people in stinson beach

Does That mean you have a group of eight.
Might need to rent 2 RV's if you go that route.

8 people in a big RV might end up not being a fun trip.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm also making a trip across the border this year. Headed to New Hampshire in September to watch some NASCAR :)

Trump and his proposals are famous also here :sly:

Back