thread Standard

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigPipe

Reaction score
Hi all,
here is a question
I'm looking for faucets for our new bathroom. I'm actually travelling in asia for my job. I saw realy nice faucet at a good price. now the big question. Does anybody knows if the thread are the same standard in asia and north america? Does plumbing supplies also suffer from the metric/imperial conversion?

thanks

I have installed Faucets [Taps ] that were supplied by a Customer who was Asian - good quality products that he brought from his own Country - Supplied with the items were ADAPTORS to suit the 1/2" and 3/4" `Nuts` on British Tap [Faucet] Connectors.
These were obtained by our client who lived in the U.K. prior to purchasing the items - he said that the `adaptors` were an easy addition to his order - from a `Top End` Supplier - So if you are going to be dealing with a similar supplier - just enquire about availability OR necessity of `Tap Connectors` or `Adaptors` for their products, I would BEWARE of `cheap`- poor quality items.
In the U.K. we have `Regulations`/ Codes for Taps [Faucets] - In relation to preventing `Back Siphonage` and other `Contamination` of the Water Supply - Unless the products that you are hoping to purchase have been manufactured with U.S. [ plus probably U.K.] Codes Compliance it is VERY likely that they would BREACH U.S. Water Supply Codes.
An example of what I mean is -In the U.K. - A Kitchen Sink Mixer Tap [Faucet] MUST have SEPERATED FLOW through the spout for the Drinking [Mains] Water and the Hot Water - so that the Hot Water CANNOT enter the Drinking Water Pipework VIA the SPOUT. [For example when clearing `Air Locks`or when hoses are attatched plus other [unlikely] scenarios]
I must state that SOME of our Water Regulations/Codes seem to have been `Formulated` to prevent Extremely Unlikely scenarios !! - Some of which I feel would NEVER occur - BUT we have to follow those `Regulations` - as you should follow the U.S. Water Supply Codes.
Also - the spout of those taps MUST NOT end below the `flood level` of the SINK or any item that the tap serves, - even though people use Buckets in Sinks. [Regarding `Back Siphonage`]
You should check IF there are similar Codes/Regulations governing the installation of Faucets in the U.S./ Your State ??

Also - I would take with me a `Tap Connector` for the various sizes that I anticipate purchasing - to try on the `Faucets`- it is worth the effort - rather than arrive home with `problems` connecting them.
I hope that these `Comments` are helpful. CHRISM . THIS IS A REPLY TO `BIGPIPE`

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back