Thermostatic valve with no volume control?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drummer

Reaction score
I am replacing my shower over tub and I want 3 outlets in the new setup: tub spout, rain shower, and wand. I would rather have two control knobs rather than three, so I plan on installing only a diverter valve and a thermostatic valve. Is this reasonable or should I also install a volume control?

In case it matters, I was planning on using the Kohler K-2972-KS thermostatic valve and Kohler K-737-K transfer valve and for the controls I was planning on using the Kohler Purist K-T13388-4 thermostatic valve trim and the Kohler Purist K-T14491-4 transfer valve trim.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Generally, w/o looking at your specific choices, thermostatic controls have no shut off, and neither do transfer/diverters.

thermostatic controls have no shut off, and neither do transfer/diverters

Thanks! I've decided to go with adding volume control and switching from diverter to transfer valve.

I can offer this advice, don’t use Kohler faucets.

We're a little far down this path to switch now, but as a non-professional I've always considered Kohler to be a high quality brand. Why do you recommend against using them?

Thanks! I've decided to go with adding volume control and switching from diverter to transfer valve.

We're a little far down this path to switch now, but as a non-professional I've always considered Kohler to be a high quality brand. Why do you recommend against using them?

Poor quality and poor tech support.......redesigned parts that don’t work and are expensive.

I’ve had multiple bad experiences with Kohler tech support. They don’t know their own products......

Poor quality and poor tech support.......redesigned parts that don’t work and are expensive.

I’ve had multiple bad experiences with Kohler tech support. They don’t know their own products......

Ha. I tried calling Kohler customer service (with the question in this thread) and got a message saying they were busy and can't come to the phone!

Hopefully compatibility is not an issue for me right now since I'm installing everything at the same time and not trying to match anything existing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back