Thermostatic Control Mystery

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo

Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping that members of the forum might be able to help me solve a mystery. I inherited, so to speak, a high-end shower setup with a thermostatic control that, although still working, does not seem to be as responsive as it was a few months ago.

The water, although hot in the bathroom sink (110 degrees F.) can get no hotter in the shower than 92 degrees F. But it used to. Depressing the bypass button on the control makes no difference.

I concluded that the rotational lock needed to be reset. So I removed the knob and the covering sheath and...found nothing that made sense to me.

My questions are:

1. Does anyone recognize the brand or make of this thermostatic control cartridge? A label on the rough-in reads "Crafted in Italy. UPC 400 KNA Type T." It sure would help to identify the maker.

I suspect, but do not know, that the shower fittings came from Waterworks.

2. In looking at the attached photographs, is there a rotational lock on this thermostatic control? If so, how do you access it?

Please look at the attached photos for an idea of what I'm dealing with in this particular mystery.

With many thanks in advance,

Matteo

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1069.JPG

Photo 1.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

Back