The Unflushables

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rikki Rattan

Reaction score
i have three toilets in my house. The one in my Master bedroom has been giving me the most problems with not flushing. Plunging doesn’t work and I can’t seem to cure anything with Drano either. Last night I tried to flush water from the dogs water bowl and it wouldn’t go down, then this morning I found it leaking from the base of the toilet itself between the tile and toilet. Any ideas if the leak has to do with it not flushing? The other two toilets also sometimes don’t flush (about every 4-5 flushes it won’t work) regardless of what you’re flushing. Has anyone had anything like this happen?

I'd guess that you have blockage in the main drain line that's common to all 3 toilets. And since the Master bedroom is the worse, it may be because it's the closest to the blockage.(i.e.-Further down stream)
I'm assuming they go down slowly but do go down. Is there any backing up into tub or shower drains when flushing toilets?

None in the shower or bath and yes it does go down eventually. I just had the tile replaced and they didn’t cover the openings when they removed the toilets. I bet they dropped something or got debris down there. Thank you for your help! I’ll have to get a plumber for this.

Latest posts

Back