The best ways to save water at home

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodriguezsmith

Reaction score
Households can save a large amount of water if they really get down to it. If all households pledge to save water, then no one will face water problems. Hence, all kinds of solutions should be adopted. One can even approach professional and skilled plumbers for solutions.

Waster is present in every house, however, many of us do not realize that in many parts of the world, people have to struggle a lot for even clean drinking water. If an average households takes just a few precautions, reduces bill and saves water then a number of other people will have sufficient amount of water to run a day. Hence, some of the ways by which a normal household can save water have been discussed in the following paragraphs.

It is believed that bathroom is the only place where maximum amount of water is wasted. Hence, it affects the water bill to a large extent. Some of the ways through which one can save water in the bathroom include, installation of a dual flush toilet, water efficient taps and showers, having a short shower, do not leave the tap open while you brush and use a sink full of water for rinsing of a blade rather than running water.

Kitchen is another place where you can save a large amount of water. Food preparation and cleaning sessions consume a lot of water. Certain ways by which you can reduce the consumption in the kitchen include, washing vegetables and fruits in a sink of water, usage of water efficient dishwashers, rinsing dishes in a sink of water, installation of water efficient taps and keeping of water bottles in the fridge for cool drinking water.

One can even save water while doing the laundry at home. In order to reduce the water consumption, you can either have a water efficient washing machine, wash clothes only when a full load is there and soak clothes in a bucket only with the right amount of water.

You can also save water outside the house by sweeping driveways, using covers for swimming pools, using drought resistant plants and grass, installation of grey water system and watering of lawns in the evening or early morning.

A professional plumber can help you with any kind of plumbing issues. Always hire a trained and licensed plumber to get quality services, and customer satisfaction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Households can save a large amount of water if they really get down to it. If all households pledge to save water, then no one will face water problems. Hence, all kinds of solutions should be adopted. One can even approach professional and skilled plumbers for solutions.

Waster is present in every house, however, many of us do not realize that in many parts of the world, people have to struggle a lot for even clean drinking water. If an average households takes just a few precautions, reduces bill and saves water then a number of other people will have sufficient amount of water to run a day. Hence, some of the ways by which a normal household can save water have been discussed in the following paragraphs.

It is believed that bathroom is the only place where maximum amount of water is wasted. Hence, it affects the water bill to a large extent. Some of the ways through which one can save water in the bathroom include, installation of a dual flush toilet, water efficient taps and showers, having a short shower, do not leave the tap open while you brush and use a sink full of water for rinsing of a blade rather than running water.

Kitchen is another place where you can save a large amount of water. Food preparation and cleaning sessions consume a lot of water. Certain ways by which you can reduce the consumption in the kitchen include, washing vegetables and fruits in a sink of water, usage of water efficient dishwashers, rinsing dishes in a sink of water, installation of water efficient taps and keeping of water bottles in the fridge for cool drinking water.

One can even save water while doing the laundry at home. In order to reduce the water consumption, you can either have a water efficient washing machine, wash clothes only when a full load is there and soak clothes in a bucket only with the right amount of water.

You can also save water outside the house by sweeping driveways, using covers for swimming pools, using drought resistant plants and grass, installation of grey water system and watering of lawns in the evening or early morning.

A professional plumber can help you with any kind of plumbing issues. Always hire a trained and licensed plumber to get quality services, and customer satisfaction.

That's quite a speal!
Quit hugging your tree for a moment and let me educate you
In America in normal places when you use water in the bathroom, laundry room etc it goes down the drain and to one of two places. The sewer plant or the septic system right? Then the magic happens this water is treated and put right back into Mother Earth, either in the river or water source your water came from, or soaking in the ground to refill your well.
So what exactly are you saving the water from?
I can understand saving money or the energy to treat and pump the water (miniscule amounts btw)

Unfortunately looking at your post I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears as you speed off in your Prius covering your eyes so you can't see the simple truth above.
Shall we discuss the pollution created by battery cars next lol!

That's quite a speal!
Quit hugging your tree for a moment and let me educate you
In America in normal places when you use water in the bathroom, laundry room etc it goes down the drain and to one of two places. The sewer plant or the septic system right? Then the magic happens this water is treated and put right back into Mother Earth, either in the river or water source your water came from, or soaking in the ground to refill your well.
So what exactly are you saving the water from?
I can understand saving money or the energy to treat and pump the water (miniscule amounts btw)

Unfortunately looking at your post I'm sure this will fall on deaf ears as you speed off in your Prius covering your eyes so you can't see the simple truth above.
Shall we discuss the pollution created by battery cars next lol!
Very well said! I have been preaching this most of my life. Everybody wants to save water. I always asked: Where is it going??? We're not shipping it into outer space are we???

Oh... sorry for stomping on the spammers thread.:)

He has posted some stuff that just looks generic and all. Weird.

I agree with Deerslayer's original reply. There are indeed many parts of the world where people struggle to have water, but it's not because other people like us are wasting water--it's because those parts of the world lack one or both of the following:

1) Infrastructure to collect, store, supply, and sanitize water
2) People who are willing, competent, and reliable enough to develop, install, and maintain #1, and a system that rewards them adequately for doing so.

To sum it up, it's a political problem, not an environmental or technical one. But this isn't a politics forum so I'll leave it at that.

Even though the guy was a spammer, water conservation is a legitimate point. Ever heard of the california drought ? Every single person's conservation matters there. I myself also live in a place with tons of water and no shortage, but it's far from a global situation.

IMO, the "shortage of water" MEME is propaganda initiated by water companies so that can get the local government to rubber stamp their rate increases. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Back