Test code

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
the code says you can't do air test in plastic pipe and in order to a water test i need to have a 10 foot in the highest point and in the proyect that i'm working I don't have that height cause is a basement so what do i do???? Can i do the air test???

Have you explained your situation to your inspector and asked him what to do? He will let you know what he want better than any of us can.

Although if he thinks it is a possible thing he can make your life a living hell. They hate it if you are just trying to save a buck.

We are currently air testing our siphonic storm system for General Motors. It is PVC and water testing is not really a option since there is no reasonable way to remove the water once testing is complete.

I believe they are going 5lbs, but i am not sure as i am in the office doing the drawings.

We regularly air test our PVC sewer lines when we either can not water test or the district does not allow it. We test to 3 pounds here which is also enough to shoot a cap 30 feet in the air, ask me how I know.

Back