Tapping sound when water running?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobD

Reaction score
Hello! I noticed a slight intermittent tapping sound in the garage when the water is running (video attached, you can hear at the 3 second and 8 second mark). I'm assuming this is from the pipe tapping into something? The home was built ten years ago and I never noticed - it likely has done this the whole time. Worth having a plumber put a hole in this wall?? If not, I can absolutely live with it! Thanks as always for any advice. You folks are the best!!!

Attachments

• 20230521_181248.mp4
    24.6 MB
If I had to guess, it is from pipe expansion/movement through a wood stud. I wouldn't mess with it.

If I had to guess, it is from pipe expansion/movement through a wood stud. I wouldn't mess with it.
Thank you! I'll take your advice and leave it. You don't think it's a major concern for a leak? I appreciate you're help

No way to confirm without busting open that wall, but seems every home has a pipe running through a stud that is offset just a bit, or they failed to install or properly install the thru stud isolators.

Latest posts

Back