tap water steaming hot

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rita_G

Reaction score
While looking for a tripped circuit in basement breaker box, I accidentally threw the switch for the furnace/water heater and after turning back on all circuits everything was ‘normal’ again.
But shortly afterwards, the tap water on all faucets/showers became extremely hot! And still is.
The thermostat on top of the water heater (acv smart 80) is set to “low”, but water is still steaming hot . . it should be at least 30 degrees cooler. Can someone please give advice?

Last edited:
http://www.triangletube.com/d/asset...0-120-us-c3b16ef1e8702a0b8b62d3596c557a63.pdf

page 27 shows your thermo stat
you may have damaged the thermostat when you turned off power then turned it back on

if you have a meter check power across the stat
if no meter
try this..check water temperature with a thermometer
turn it down,,,wait an hour,,check temp.write it down
turn it up. wait an hour write it down
if no fluctuation. t stat went bad

I don't have a meter or thermometer, but water is still extremely hot. Are (by any chance) the thermostats on these acv (triangular tube) units reputable for being problematic?
If yes, would I be able to order and install a thermostat from another manufacturer?

Last edited:
You have to retrace youre steps to find out if legt a switch on . Maybe youre thermostat on the heater has stopped working and need a new one

Thank you guys for replies. Don't know how to explain it, but it seems to have 'stabilized' on it's own (!?) and all seems ok now.

Back