tap water steaming hot

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rita_G

Reaction score
While looking for a tripped circuit in basement breaker box, I accidentally threw the switch for the furnace/water heater and after turning back on all circuits everything was ‘normal’ again.
But shortly afterwards, the tap water on all faucets/showers became extremely hot! And still is.
The thermostat on top of the water heater (acv smart 80) is set to “low”, but water is still steaming hot . . it should be at least 30 degrees cooler. Can someone please give advice?

Last edited:
http://www.triangletube.com/d/asset...0-120-us-c3b16ef1e8702a0b8b62d3596c557a63.pdf

page 27 shows your thermo stat
you may have damaged the thermostat when you turned off power then turned it back on

if you have a meter check power across the stat
if no meter
try this..check water temperature with a thermometer
turn it down,,,wait an hour,,check temp.write it down
turn it up. wait an hour write it down
if no fluctuation. t stat went bad

I don't have a meter or thermometer, but water is still extremely hot. Are (by any chance) the thermostats on these acv (triangular tube) units reputable for being problematic?
If yes, would I be able to order and install a thermostat from another manufacturer?

Last edited:
You have to retrace youre steps to find out if legt a switch on . Maybe youre thermostat on the heater has stopped working and need a new one

Thank you guys for replies. Don't know how to explain it, but it seems to have 'stabilized' on it's own (!?) and all seems ok now.

Latest posts

Back