Tank to Bowl Gasket Old toilet from Sears

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas440

Reaction score
Hi all, I have a very old toilet but it's in amazing condition however one bolt on one side that holds the tank to bowl drips a drop about every 10 minutes, and I set a coffee can under it to catch the dripping. I dont see a name or brand on the toilet other than a tag inside the tank showing me the tilt flush assembly and how to adjust the flush, plus a part number for it and it says "Sears Roebuck" on the tag. To the best of my knowledge the toilet would be about a 1960 vintage as thats when this house was built and I've been here since the house was about 25 years old. I appears to be the original toilet and about 15 years ago I ordered a new tilt flush from Sears and put that in. All has been well for years. I've looked with Google search and it appears to be a Universal Rundle toilet but I'm not sure of the gasket size for the tank to bowl. I bout a kit at Ace Hardware but have not put it on yet, I got a 2 inch gasket and a bolt kit, with brass bolts and I got some extra washers just in case. From the Youtube video I saw on picking the right gasket it said measure the hole inside the toilet, and if it's 2 inches or so buy a 2 inch gasket, if it's 3, buy a 3 inch but only newer toilets with water saving flush use 3 inch gaskets it says. Anyone know if this is a Universal Rundle and if so will a standard 2 inch gasket fit on it? I hate to remove the tank and find out I've got an oddball toilet gasket. It might be just the bolt rubber gone bad since only one bolt on the right as you face it is leaking however I'm not sure just how level it is. It could be a seal leak and water winding around the threads on the one side. No water on the lower part of the toilet it's all dry just the bolt drips. It drips mostly when you flush. Any suggestions would be welcome. I think Ace Hardware only had 2, and 3 inch gasket kits.

Looks like nobody here knows anything about toilets.... no replies.... Thank you.... I'll do some Google searching....

I called Sears, they say it's a Universal Rundle toilet. The guy at Sears seems to think it's the bolt washer inside the tank thats deteriorated and allowing a little water to ooze along the threads, which is why I only have one bolt thats wet.... I'm thinking of using some liquid Flex Seal and coat the bolt inside the tank after I dry it good and see if that will hold it until this Summer, since we're going to replace it with a new more efficient toilet that doesn't use 5 gallons to flush with.

Latest posts

Back