Tank does not stop filling

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

droo09

Reaction score
Hello,

Quite simply, my toilet tank won't stop filling with water and overflows. I looked online for awhile couldn't find information on my particular flushing assembly. I believe it is a really old style system that does not use a float ball. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I don't know what you have, but it could be as simple as replacing the flapper at the bottom of the tank. My personal opinion is to replace your entire contents inside your tank with a Fluidmaster 400a and a new flapper. Total cost is about $10.00, and found at any big box hardware store.

fluidmaster 400a.jpg

droo09 said:
Hello,

Quite simply, my toilet tank won't stop filling with water and overflows. I looked online for awhile couldn't find information on my particular flushing assembly. I believe it is a really old style system that does not use a float ball. Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need a fill valve as the other member stated

Hello,

Try adjusting the water valve on your toilet then see if it still continues to overflow...

Back