Tampa saying hay

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyboy26

Reaction score
Can some body help me out i have been plumbing for 9 years and i wanna pursue my masters but I can't get a straight answer out of any of the schools can someone recommend a school to me that will prepare me for the masters ? No fly by nite school that just teaches you how to pass a test, any suggestions?

I took a crash course through our local apprenticeship program to prep for the code and trade knowledge portion of the test. If you can do that in your area, I found it to be a big help.

A few years ago when I was thinking of taking the state certified plumbing contractor's test, I purchased a home study course from Palm School of Construction. I wouldn't reccomend it, I found the answer key to be riddled with incorrect answers. It was better than nothing, as it did get you going through the books, but I would have to hope that there is a better course out there.

Camtec offered me just the books for the courses and code for 650 but I was informed that it only covers portions needed to pass the certification I wanted to learn a lot more than that! I know a lot of plumbers that master licenses but none of them have a good reputation so I don't wanna just have the title I want the knowledge!

The courses to take the test are just that, courses to help you pass the test. Not saying that you won't learn something along the way, but those courses aren't designed to teach you plumbing.

A good apprenticeship program can be very helpful, I give credit to the one I went through for pointing me in the direction of being a plumber, instead of just an installer.

Outside of that, take jobs with companies that do different types of plumbing than you are used to, find the very best guy at each company, and glom onto them like a tick. Suck all the knowledge you can out of that guy, than move on to another company.

Back