Supply line material

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Farmskis

Reaction score
Hello from Maine,

I am hooking in a retention tank. What material can I use. The line from the well is the black poly that connects via barbed fittings. I would like to connect to this and run to the tank. PVC would be simple but I don’t think it is allowed. Cpvc is allowed but I can’t find anything over 3/4 locally. I can find pex at 1” which could work. If that is my option, how do I connect the black to the pex? Do the pex barbed fittings work?
Thank you!

If you can buy a piece of 1 inch 100psi black poly just use that to the tank, then use pex on the other side. We have been using black poly for 75 years without a problem.

Hello from Maine,

I am hooking in a retention tank. What material can I use. The line from the well is the black poly that connects via barbed fittings. I would like to connect to this and run to the tank. PVC would be simple but I don’t think it is allowed. Cpvc is allowed but I can’t find anything over 3/4 locally. I can find pex at 1” which could work. If that is my option, how do I connect the black to the pex? Do the pex barbed fittings work?
Thank you!
Make your life easy and use pex for all of it.

Back