Suggestions for Roughing in a Basement Bathroom

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emn1022

Reaction score
I'm currently designing a bathroom layout in my basement. I've been doing some research on how to rough in the pipes for the bathroom so I'm familiar with the idea. The things I'm not so certain about are whether or not the sink stack should be built into the 2x4's going down through the bottom, and also where to put the vents. I'm not so sure I thoroughly understand the vent set up so any guidance would be much appreciated. If there are any recommendations with the drains or pipe layout that would be greatly appreciated as well. I have here a rough sketch of what my bathroom looks like.

The walls are up, except for the door on the east of the picture. Main line runs 5 inches from the drywall, and I'm assuming the width is 4 inches making it 9 inches away at the furthest point. I want the toilet as close to the wall as possible. I found that it has to be 12 inches away.

20151115_185207.jpg

I'm not sure where the sink drain goes. The main drain line runs in the direction of the arrows. The sink will be a 32" sink, and the main drain line runs 5" away from the drywall.

20151116_183320.jpg

I understand the first part of your drawing, but I'm lost at the rest. How would you tie in the shower and toilet? What is that 90 for?

Hi there
@frodo great advice
Was wondering what app you use for your illustrations

Latest posts

Back