Stuck pressure valve on shower handle?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelloFarfel

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying to replace a Kohler shower handle. In all of the videos I've looked at it looks like once I remove all of the screws I should be able to easily pull off the pressure valve but mine doesn't want to budge. It feels like it's attached in some way I can't see. Any help appreciated!IMG_2786.jpg

If the screws are removed it will come off. Probably really stuck.

Here are some "Boy, is this ever stuck!" ideas:

Can you download an exploded view or a parts view for the faucet? It'll help you figure things out. Perhaps there is an e-clip or similar under the translucent disc with the writing.

Maybe a gentle attempt at rotating the bonnet will break it free. Caution- Go gently so you don't break things.

Possibly lime built up inside & is holding the parts together.
Cover anything below that may be damaged by vinegar. Wrap a cloth soaked with vinegar around the seam and wait perhaps a day. A gentle tap an hour or so after placing the vinegar may help work the vinegar in. Hopefully this will work well for you.

Is there a way to use a rented faucet handle puller or a gear puller? Work gently so nothing breaks.

If you have time to be on hold, perhaps calling Kohler technical will provide a solution.

Paul

Latest posts

Back