Street elbow to hub-hub orientation

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My mother is in her 70s. She paid a licensed plumbing company to replace all of her drain pipes. They charged her 8k, did one small section of the house, said they couldn't get to the rest. Gave her 1k back. They installed a toilet flange 3in from the wall, cut an old drain pipe and installed a studor vent and every time it rained it would go down the old pipe into the crawlspace. They had a pipe going uphill 1/4" per ft and another going downhill at 3/4" per ft. Pipes are leaking in spots... I've since been reading the IPC and trying to do this all myself because she gave this company the last of what she had.
A plumber we know has helped with some advice, but I don't want to keep bothering him.
I did this with two 22.5s to account for a 15 degree bend, but realized the street elbow is on the low side of the two elbows, so it's not oriented like a funnel into the other elbow. The street elbow side also doesn't come with a chamfer/countersink from manufacturer, but is rather a flat edge.
Will this result in clogs and leaks in the long run? Considering cutting it out, flipping it and joining with two couplings

Attachments

• PXL_20240525_143657539.jpg
    PXL_20240525_143657539.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Back