Strange sump pump setup, trying to install radon system

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amateurlandscaper

Reaction score
My house (in southeast MI) was built in the late '70s. I'm only the 2nd owner, and the previous owner told me the sump pump had never run. I tested it and it works, but other than that it has never run in the 6yrs I've been living here. Can any1 tell me more about this kind of setup and how it works? Where is the impeller? How long is the sump pump assembly?

Part of the reason I've been looking at the sump pump is because I tested for radon recently and it's unacceptably high. My previous house had a standard sump pit with a pedestal sump pump. The radon system was also standard -- a clear plexiglas cover was silicone'd over the sump pit, and a 4" hole was cut into it for the radon system piping. I'm not sure how to tap into this setup.20230803_194101.jpg

Never really dealt with radon but it looks like the pump part of your system is under that ,pipe that's sealed around the shaft im guessing that's were your radon system is hopefully what's at the other end fitts thru the pipe

My house (in southeast MI) was built in the late '70s. I'm only the 2nd owner, and the previous owner told me the sump pump had never run. I tested it and it works, but other than that it has never run in the 6yrs I've been living here. Can any1 tell me more about this kind of setup and how it works? Where is the impeller? How long is the sump pump assembly?

Part of the reason I've been looking at the sump pump is because I tested for radon recently and it's unacceptably high. My previous house had a standard sump pit with a pedestal sump pump. The radon system was also standard -- a clear plexiglas cover was silicone'd over the sump pit, and a 4" hole was cut into it for the radon system piping. I'm not sure how to tap into this setup.View attachment 42123
That’s a Sumpless pump

Back