Strange propane fitting

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle46528

Reaction score
I want to put a longer propane hose on my amazon patio heater. I have a propane quick disconnect on my deck. when I took the hose off of the top burner assembly on the heater, I found an unusual fitting. The hardware store never saw anything like it. I've been looking at brass fitting picture's online. If I new what it's called, I probably could do a specific search online for it. Or mabe somebody can think of a work around for me. I've uploaded a few pictures to show my problem. I can't find extention hoses with a fitting like that.

Attachments

• Propane 1.jpg
    Propane 1.jpg
    272.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Propane 2.jpg
    Propane 2.jpg
    925.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Propane 3.jpg
    Propane 3.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 0
Your fitting might be M16 x 1.5 Flare. That is common on LP hoses outside of North America. I saw an Asian manufacturer's name on the fitting in photo one.

Or, it may be one of the many metric or Brittish threads that have the flare cone shape, such as JIC 45, JIC 37 and a bunch more.

Maybe you can get lucky and find help from the manufacturer or by finding the heater on Amazon and posting a question.

Paul

I believe you got me on the right track. When I did a search for M16 x 1.5 Flare, It came up as an inverted flare fitting. I didnt notice the tag on the hose until just now. 5/16". So I'm going to order on Amazon a 5/16" inverted Flare fitting. See what happens. I think you solved my problem.

Attachments

• Propane 4.jpg
    Propane 4.jpg
    888.2 KB · Views: 0
Back