Stinky water from faucet on kitchen

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pot

Reaction score
I recently bought cabin it was build in 1992, nobody lived there for couple years. Hot water from faucet has stinky smell I already changed water heater it didn't resolve problem. Hot water in bathrooms doesn't smell. Do I have to change pipes? Please any advise.

How long did you flush the system after you changed water heaters? Are you on a well or city water? It is possible that your water is attacking the new anode rod. I hear some folks have success by changing types of anode rods or removing them altogether.

Reactions: pot
I flushed system maybe for 20-30 minutes. We are on well water.

It is possible that your water is attacking the new anode rod. I hear some folks have success by changing types of anode rods or removing them altogether.

;)

If on well water, you should have the water analyzed (IMO) as it may have a high sulfur/tannins contents or other contaminants such as magnesium (and you should really know what you are drinking).

There are also anode rods of different materials available if the water is actually attacking it.

Back