Speedy Valves

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sewergas

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with this product, essentially a flex supply line for toilets, faucets, etc with a quarter turn valve built onto/into the supply line and is supposed to be used when an angle valve freezes up or doesn't do its job totally (slows water flow). This supply line is added instead of having to remove the angle valve and an on-off valve on the supply line will serve the purpose of the actual angle valve to turn off the water. If confusing check SpeedyValve web site. It is a fairly new product and comes from you know where (China). Same as Floodstop, etc. which most plumber do not like. So I was told by a friend who had installed a SpeedyValve that they his plumber said that these units are burst prone and are chinese crap (no surprise). I bought some a while back but have never used. So any ideas or experience? I know that anything new such as this usually gets bad press not so much regarding the concept (clever idea) but because it is made in China. 99% of the supply lines I see at the hardware store are ALL chinese so I guess we are screwed!!!:mad:

Just my opinion but replacing a supply stop is a very easy job. There are so many styles of valves out there to fit any type of setup. On a scale of 1-10 it's about a 1-1/2.

John

Yes, it's true that replacing the angle valve is the proper thing to do. I've had some questionable experiences over the yrs regarding compression fittings and angle valves and have gotten too damn old to screw around with doing it so I'm looking for an easy way out albeit it is a temp fix only. I have usually found that compression angle valves usually fairly easy except once and that did it for me................but all in all the responses are correct and at my age it is best to call a pro but I thought the idea sounded great(speedvalve) and it something you would find on on a late nite infomercial but I'd thought I give it a shot anyway.....appreciate the feedback....."SG"

How about a clarification??????you sound like my x-wife=lots of words with very questionable understanding & meaning:confused::confused:

Latest posts

Back