Some one knows what is the ground work inspection?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you have 3 inspections for plumbing on a new building.
rough in
top out
trim

the rough in,is generally the inspection of the plumbing system that is in the ground, under the foundation
of a building.

top out. is the inspection of plumbing systems in a building prior to sheet rock

trim, is the inspection, after all fixtures have been set and are functioning

these inspections are called different things in different parts of the country.

rough in, ground, ground work, sewer, phase 1

top out, tub set, sheet rock, in wall

trim, final,fixtures,

Do i have to fill everything whit ground before the inspection cause i ready have the close in sticker but he still want to do ground inspection i kind stock in this one:(

So what this forum is for?? You should answer my question if you don't know or if you don't want to answer!

Well, I can tell you what my inspector wants to see, but thats not going to help you. What passes code in one town, may not pass in another, or it varies from inspector to inspector. The inspector over rules the code book. If he wants your trench back filled with sea weed and horse manure, well....you better find some.

If you can find the time to post on here and get a rough guess of what you should be doing, surely you can fire off an email to the inspector and ask him exactly what he wants to see when he gets there. If he fails it, a "well a plumbing forum told me to do this" isnt going to win him over.

If you wanna risk wasting time and money, be my guest.

So then what is this forum for if i have a question doesn't mean that wherever answer will clear my questions so you mean nobody's can make a question only because they don't live in the same state??? That doesn't make cents

At the original poster: We can't know exactly what your inspector will be looking for on this inspection, therefore your best course of action will be to contact the inspector, and get the correct information the first time.

At others: Please remember that not everyone has the same level of experience. What seems very simple and obvious to one may be very confusing to another.

I really don't have any idea about it but I think before constructing anything one inspection is done that may be termed as ground work inspection.

Back