Soft Water Tank

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeatJack

Reaction score
I rent a soft water softener from Culligan. I noticed last weekend that my septic system was overloaded. Because of all the rain, I had my tank pumped before it overloaded back into the house. On the same day, it just so happens Culligan was doing a salt delivery, about 5 hours before having my tank pumped. The Culligan guy went downstairs, said I had an error 1 code (from what I’ve read, has to do with the motor) and they would be back Thursday to try and fix it. I wasn’t the one home at the time but they did not shut off the machine or notify anyone to watch it. I went down there this morning and the soft water tank was running water and sweating as well as the pipes connected to it. I called immediately and the lady told me how shut it all down. Meanwhile, my 1000 gallon septic tank has filled up again (within 4 days of very limited water use on my part). I guess my question is, should Culligan have shut the system down? I feel like they saw an error code and walked away from it with no warning of what could happen. Another question is, could it have been stuck draining water for a long period of time or does it have a shut off emergency, and does that work if there is an error code? Any info would be appreciated. They are coming out later in the week and I don’t wanna be in the dark about all of this.

Latest posts

Back