Small house plumbing review

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkeasy7

Reaction score
Thanks to some great links on this website and others I have been able to enjoy installing plumbing in our new house build.

I have posted a few pictures for review. The plan would be to not have any obvious issues when the inspector came out for the rough in.

Is this a good start?

THe washer connection is all to measurements and the vent will tie into the main vent in the attic.

The soil stack connects to my toilet only and the vent will tie into the main vent also.

I have a cleanout at the bottom of the soil stack, do I need one on the washer as well?

thanks for your time and input - Virginia

20151222_112522_resized.jpg

20151222_112530_resized.jpg

20151222_112537_resized.jpg

20151226_121606_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Frodo. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread.

I was waiting for someone to call out the missing primer. You are right. Pretty much right after I finished and was reading online I realized there is a great debate about dry fitting. It seems only a select few know this is a no no. Back when I was a teen I was working on the side as a helper to drain field installation. There is the occasional pipe solvent use and I was taught to sand, dry fit and then primer and glue. THen as a duct man, same thing. True neither position was a pro plumber but these were both actual professionals teaching bad like this. Then while reading online, most handyman guides mention dry fitting. Heck even the kohler drain package instructions direct you to dry fit after measuring then "glue". After reading more in depth about this I realize why the pipes fit so tight and that you are actually melting the plastics together. So no dry fitting. I may actually redo my entire job here just because and its not much cash..

Back to the drains and vents.

Can I really place my cleanout on my laundry pipe above the sanitary tee? Found this: P3005.2.6 Base of stacks.
A cleanout shall be provided at the base of each waste or soil stack. Does that apply to laundry? I didn't include it as the P trap has to be 6 to 18 inches from the ground and a cleanout would push that to the upper limit.

That 3" to the right of the laundry is a radon vent. I am thinking I can omit the clean out from that pipe.?

I totally agree about the nail plates. I wanted to hold off on those until I felt secure in my piping. :) And I'm glad I did..

For support I was planning on using pipe strap as opposed to the board. Is that okay?

The soil stack has a slope of 1/8" to 1/4" per foot. I will verify exactly. I am thinking that is within tolerance.?

And venting the soil stack.. Your comment about offsetting to horizontal until 6" above flood rim.. How else could I possible vent this soil stack and remain in the floor joist? At first I had a Sanetary Tee with 45 off to the vent but it was below my floor joist. is it a better idea to extend the drain pass the toilet and hit the sink and vent them together? I would think this could get me into a few other uncomfortable areas, but i can post a picture over the weekend after I go back and take them.

thanks again. I am really enjoying the work and appreciate the opportunity of completing this and the other work myself.

P3005.3 Horizontal drainage piping slope.
Horizontal drainage piping shall be installed in uniform alignment at uniform slopes not less than 1/4 unit vertical in 12 units horizontal (2-percent slope) for 21/2 inch (64 mm) diameter and less, and not less than 1/8 unit vertical in 12 units horizontal (1-percent slope) for diameters of 3 inches (76 mm) or more.

Thats where I got the 1/8" for the 3" pipe.

Back