Slow Shut Off Faucet!

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silguy

Reaction score
Hi,

I just tapped a Tee fitting in my existing cold water fittings under the kitchen sink so the new fitting has a hose fitting for my new water filter. I noticed after I did this, our faucet trickles about a few seconds before finally shutting off where as before, right when you shut off the faucet, the water stops immediately. I thought it was the Tee so I removed it to test it and it's still doing the same thing! Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Probably a bit of trash from installation of the T fitting has gotten stuck in your faucet. Shut the supply valves off and disassemble the faucet and clean the trash out.

After it trickles a few seconds , does it stop 100%.
If it does not continue to leak don't worry about it.
If it's annoying and and you don't have the skills and or tools to disassemble & reassemble it then call a plumber and support your local economy.

yea, that's what i've been doing it, just believing the issue is the design. Since it's a goose neck and the water is shut off at the bottom, the top neck portion would still have a bit of water.

Latest posts

Back