Slow leak or condensation?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Modex

Reaction score
I tried to save some money and buy hiring a cheap contractor to do the electrical and plumbing on a bathroom renovation. After finishing the tile myself I tried the shower and quickly discovered and dripping in the access panel. After several attempts to fix it unsuccessfully he finally assured me that it was fixed. When I did the test just a bit ago the cold supply line was Dripping about once every 45 seconds to a minute. The pipe is wet from condensation but the valve seems to be more let them condensation would explain away. It drips about once every 45 to 60 Seconds. It's very cold (13 degrees) so the cold water is very cold. House is roughly 70 degrees. But that sort of drip be explained by condensation alone? Or is it a leak? When I dry off the valve with a paper towel it becomes wet in under a minute. Then drips pretty steadily about once a minute. The 8 month old valve itself is Rusted but the contractor claims that that is from a leak that he fixed in one of three previous visits.

You are good. Thank you for the sage advise. Here is a pic (it flipped sideways here. Tag is down on rhe pipe) and, if you have the patience or inclination, a video. Only need to watch the first bit of it to see the valve and drips.

.https://youtu.be/QhJv_-TUxs8

20161215_165552.jpg

Last edited:
Your plumber is a hack. There was no need for the female adaptor's on the valve body. The copper could have been soldered into the Delta valve body. Any plumber would have known that.

Your guy claiming to be a plumber is a hack. There was no need for the female adaptor's on the valve body. The copper could have been soldered into the Delta valve body. Any plumber would have known that.

TIFIFY

And yes there's definitely a leak

Back