Sloan Recall

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JC5195

Reaction score
After finding out about sloan flushmate's recall on the 503 series pressure vessel bursting, i didn't figure i would get many calls about installing the recall kits, but as soon as flushmate sent out the recall postcards to each customer i began getting calls to install the kits, i've installed about 35 of the recall kits, with 4 of the recall kits having problems, the 4 im having problems with have water pressure ranging from 60-68 psi. The customers are complaining that they have to flush there toilet twice as where before i installed the kit there toilet was flushing correctly. Have any other plumbers installed these kits with the same kind of problems???, i've called sloan about this issue with not much help from them, the issue is there recall kit, they need to install all new pressure vessels to fix the problem permanently imo.

thanks for any feedback

I have been plumbing for 20 yrs and owned and operated a plumbing business for 10yrs. I have installed several recall kits and never had a problem with them to date. Usually when its operation is faulty it is usually something else like the cartridge, duckbill, clogged jet hole,ect... Oh by the way I have unclogged only 3 in my time. Q tips are not ment to be flushed. I am a huge fan of flushmate and their customer support. I have never had a manufacture as helpful as them. They are definitely top on our list of all the plumbing products available. Their tech support is really great, but I will say it takes patience but they will figure it out. Jet holes partly clogged and/or something partly clogged in the trap would make a need to double flush. The regulator in the recall kit is to assure Flushmate that the pressure in the house being too high will not effect the toilet in the case that its not checked out by a plumber/homeowner. Not everyone cares like you and I. I have personally visited Flushmate manufacturer in Detroit so I know some of them on first name bases. Again the process of support can be slow as they have to have you do several tests to get to the root of the problem. Just remember the vessel once filled is done and ready to flush, so it could be a china problem or maybe a bad habit by the owner of the toilet. Just saying not accusing. I have seen some very interesting homeowners out there and some really wacky stuff. Along with bad habits. I would bet money that you have seen some crazy stuff as well. Flushmate once helped me figure out that a brand new Mansfield toilet bowl was defective..I would never have thought so because it kept running constantly. It worked! Installed new bowl and problem solved. In my belief is there is no better tank toilet around especially "American made". I have not had an unhappy customer yet that does not like Flushmate. Yet I have heard several brag about them to others..checking serial numbers for warranty can also get free parts for customers. I stock them then if its under warranty contact flushmate and they have always sent me the replacement parts free. Just think. How many plumbing products can you buy that is American made and better yet offers a 10 yr warranty? Good luck!

Back