Sink faucet mounting bracket

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pittnb14

Reaction score
Hi all! I am a relatively new DIYer looking to install a new faucet in my bathroom. I removed the old faucet, installed the new handles, and was going to install the faucet head itself when I discovered that the three holes drilled into the porcelain are too narrow to accommodate the mounting bracket on the underside of the sink.

I know I could disassemble, return, and install a centerset vs. widespread faucet, but would prefer to find a workaround (even if suboptimal if possible). I've attached pictures for reference. Note that the final is with the faucet dry fit for reference.

Also, here is the faucet itself if more detail needed: Delta Pierce 8 in. Widespread 2-Handle Bathroom Faucet in SpotShield Brushed Nickel-35899LF-SP - The Home Depot

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• IMG-3583.jpg
    IMG-3583.jpg
    788.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG-3584.jpg
    IMG-3584.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG-3585.jpg
    IMG-3585.jpg
    808.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG-3586.jpg
    IMG-3586.jpg
    855 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-3588.jpg
    IMG-3588.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Last edited:
You have a "4" Centerset" faucet drilling on your sink and need to purchase a "4" faucet".
The faucet you purchased is, as you indicate, an "8" widespread"

Last edited:
Ah okay, thank you. Appreciate your help.

If you don't mind me asking, if I was unable to return this faucet and had to try to make it work, is there any workaround or secondary way of securing the faucet itself without the provided bracket?

Sure, a machine shop could create a custom piece for way more than the cost of a new faucet.

Depending what tools you have it shouldn't be too difficult to make something from a piece of 1/4" steel bar, maybe 1 1/2" wide. With a hacksaw, drill, and file it shouldn't be too difficult. Just make sure that where the plastic part comes through is smooth so it doesn't chafe the tube. Make a cardboard template to make sure of fit before you start on the steel. Also, you should give it a good coat of paint to retard rusting.

Back