sink backs up maybe disposal?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sman26

Reaction score
I have been having an odd issue with our kitchen sink and disposal. At times, it will not flush the water down the disposal but will bubble back up when I run the disposal. It also will start bubbling back up the other side of the sink as well. (see video link) If If I wait long enough, all the water will remove the system and drain back down but when I start adding water again it will begin filling up both sides. I have taken out the lower pvc pipe and all seems non clogged. At times, I will run a pluger on both sides and run the disposal just trying to hope and jostle something loose. ANy pointers on what might be going on here.
It will come and go every few months then be fine again.
[ame="https://vimeo.com/137279943"]https://vimeo.com/137279943[/ame]

Thank you.
Shawn

So it has nothing to do with the disposal? We don't put much down the drain. Would draining beef cause this to occasionally clog like this? The grease builds up? The odd thing is that I will plunge it for a while and sometimes I can get it out of this stage it is in and it will work again. Seems to happen about every 4 months. I never take the trap out or snake it an it begins to work again.
Thanks.
Shawn

never, pour grease down the drain, that is the WORST thing you can do..

my wife, takes a empty can of vegetables, pours the grease into it, after it cools, she puts the can in a zip lock and into th garbage it goes.

what your drain looks like.

Clogged-Pipes.jpg

THanks guys..tried a 18' snake down it and didn't seem to do much. Will have to call someone in to try a longer line i guess.

try running hot water.

the problem with grease. it is a blob of grease, you punch thru it with a snake, then when you pull your snake back.
the blob closes the hole up again. nasty stufff.

nothing goes down the drain put water, soapy water,

no tampons, no paper towels, no food,

no grease, no oil, pour that crap into something and into the garbage can

Back