Shower vibrating and making sounds

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mprong

Reaction score
I replaced my 3 handle faucet with a single handle price pfister pasadena unit. When ever i have the handle halfway turned, it makes a shaking sound. When the handle is turned more toward the hot side or cold side it is fine. I replaced the cartridge and still the same. My outside water pressure is at 50 psi. I can't figure this out.
Thanks

Last edited:
That happens when the rubber seat is deformed or is in the flow of water. No big deal. Pull valve steam that is doing it and tighten the screw on the bottom that holds the rubber down.

Its very common.

Last edited:
Is the valve stem the same thing as the shower cartridge behind the handle plate? I called Price Pfister and they sent me the new shower cartridge. But nothing on it comes apart. Sorry this is the first time i have done any kind of plumbing.

Ok so its a cart...whats going on happens from time to time. I've seen it happen with imperfections in the valve bodys. If you used a new cart it could be many things though. Like I said it could be an imperfection in the valve body that causes water to flow in an erratic pattern around the carto, it could even be as simple as the shut offs on the side of the valve are not all the way open on that side. Its hard to tell not being on the job. As long as you are not bothered by it, it won't hurt anything and it's common to occur.

On the bottom of the PP cartridges there are two oblong washers which seat against the inside of the valve body. Check thaat area of the valve for calcium or lime buildup, as it can cause the cartridge not to seat quite right. Also, when screwing in the cartridge tighten each of the four screws a little bit at a time, do not crank one down, then the next etc....this can lead to the cartridge sitting unevenly.

Last edited:
On the bottom of the PP cartridges there are two oblong washers which seat against the inside of the valve body. Check thaat area of the valve for calcium or lime buildup, as it can cause the cartridge not to seat quite right. Also, when screwing in the cartridge tighten each of the four screws a little bit at a time, do not crank one down, then the next etc....this can lead to the cartridge sitting unevenly.

Its new so I hope this is not the case..lol. Don't feel bad I miss read the post the first time as well, I thought he said three handle.

As I said above op...Its very normal.

Yes this is a new install. I have also noticed the water kind of pulses when it is on that middle setting but not all the way hot or all the way cold. Could it be too much of a difference between hot and cold water pressure? Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:
Back