Shower upper pipe blocked

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brit

Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a shower in the garage which I never used. Yesterday I was checking to see if it still worked and no water was coming from the shower head. Took off shower head, still no water flow. Took out shower valve and water was reaching the valve but not going up the shower head pipe. This shower has been used for storage for the last 10 years so I have not tried to run this shower for a long time. The valve is brass, feeder pipes copper the shower head pipe is 1/2" galvanized. Due to the 90 at the shower head I cannot get a snake to go around the bend. I turned the shower head pipe around to point up so I could pour CLR into the pipe, hoping this would dislodge any calcium, but over night it is still blocked.

Any suggestions. Brit

Have you tried removing the galvanized piping from the top of the shower valve? If you can do so, I would just replace the galvanized piping.

If you don't want to ever have to deal with this again, replace the piping with copper.

Finally fixed it. Luckily the wall behind the shower had cabinets covering the wall, removed cabinets to have full access to the valve. Removed upper galvanized pipe, the inside was in good condition no corrosion. It appears there was a problem with the valve. Unscrewed the large nut under the valve to find it full of crud. Looked into the lower space of the valve and the tube was blocked, unblocked and now everything is working fine.

It turns out the valve was a Pfisher SHWR F 7105.

Brit

Back