Shower/Tub Trim Kit Update

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessb_55

Reaction score
So my tub and shower currently has the 1980's clear cheesy handles and the silver trim pieces finish have been wrecked by some cleaners that I was unaware would eat the finish off them. So I'd like to freshen & update the look of the shower a bit. Question is how do I know what new knobs I can get or are they pretty universal as long as I replace the cartridges as well? I believe my current cartridges are Delta but that's about all I know.

Also, it seems like most trim kits our there are for the one handle systems, I don't currently plan on changing any of the plumbing so does anyone have any advice on a good place to look for some 2 handle sets at a reasonable price?

And last is there a way to just replace the "chrome" trim pieces that have gotten wrecked by cleaners?

Thanks for your time!

Do you think I could spray paint the trim pieces then? I've attached some pics, and one is a part of the packaging of a cartridge I replaced.

thanks!

shower1.jpg

shower2.jpg

shower3.jpg

do you have any recommendations on where to find either a new set of handles or a whole new trim kit?

okay I dug more into the valve on the back side of the wall and it appears as though I have a GOBO faucet? Never even heard of it....is it weird that Delta stems seem to work okay? Are they even in business anymore lol..

gobofaucet.JPG

Back