Shower System

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davesv8

Reaction score
I have a tile shower with 2 feeds in. We used to have a shower head and wand at both ends of the shower. Well, the ceramic people didn't pre-slope the drain, so it all has come out. For the new shower I would like to do one shower system. (bad news) We have 1/2 lines (PEX) coming in. I was thinking of putting the overhead and wand on one line, and using the second for running the side sprayers. I would like 4-6 sprayers. This would allow us to use the shower with or without the side sprayers, and the only inconvenience being having to turn on two trims. Does that sound like it will work? Second question, the trim would be about 8 ft away from the actual nozzles, a lot of pipe around the walls but will be nice to turn on shower without getting wet. Any issue with running 10-15 ft of pipe after the trim?

You are going to laugh at this, but this is what I have come up with for plumbing pipes. Please tell me if you see any issues or suggestions.

Plumbing.jpg

Your water demand is going to require a three-quarter line hot and cold. You can place your valve anywhere to your convince there should be a separate valve for the body sprays install those in there location you desire. The body sparks have less tolerance for moving around to keep equal pressure to each head as for having multiple shower heads make sure the lines are graded back to the head if possibleIf you want I can draw you out how is should be run

On the body sprays, run a 3/4" loop, and branch off to each individual head with 1/2". This will allow equal pressure and volume to each body spray.

As far as pipe length after the trim, keep the fittings to an absolute minimum. Straight, or even curved, lengths of pipe don't reduce flow nearly as much as fittings do.

I was able to look under the house and there is a 3/4 line that splits to 2 1/2" lines. Would I be better to run the whole system from the 3/4 line or run the shower and wand from one 1/2" line and the sprayers on 1/2" the other line? Thanks for the replies!

Back