Shower Stem Valve drips (NOT the head, the valve)... Even after installing new seat and stem

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edom31

Reaction score
Greetings folks...
So my Hot water shower valve stem dripped when on... So I decided to change it.
Installed a new one, seat and all, and it continues to drip (maybe dripping "harder").
Only hot water, but odd that when cold water valve turns on, it also drips = but drips cold water (through the hot valve...
Any thoughts?

Video of what it looks like:

Thanks!

Remove the handle and snug up the nut at the end that the stem passes through. Those are often not tightened up enough when in the kit. Always check that before installing handles.

pp-910-340.jpg

Remove the handle and snug up the nut at the end that the stem passes through. Those are often not tightened up enough when in the kit. Always check that before installing handles.

View attachment 37762
And there it is!!!

The Bonnet I think is called, right?

Yup... tightened it and voila. I just hope not to over tightened it.

Thanks!

That’s the packing nut. The packing nut screws into the bonnet. The bonnet screws into the valve.

The packing gland gets compressed by the packing nut around the stem to stop leaks around the stem where it passes through the bonnet.

The bonnet has a cap gasket or oring acting as a cap gasket to seal the bonnet to the valve body.

The cap gasket on your price pfister verve model is plastic.

It uses a 3/8 large Bibb washer.

That’s the packing nut. The packing nut screws into the bonnet. The bonnet screws into the valve.

The packing gland gets compressed by the packing nut around the stem to stop leaks around the stem where it passes through the bonnet.

The bonnet has a cap gasket or oring acting as a cap gasket to seal the bonnet to the valve body.

The cap gasket on your price pfister verve model is plastic.

It uses a 3/8 large Bibb washer.
Amazing info. Many thanks again, cheers!

Back