Shower P-Trap Clocking Angle

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quasiloci

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the forum and am hopefully not breaking any etiquette with my first post...

I am working on re-modeling our master bathroom (by name only, not by size). I would like to change from a center-drain pan to a linear drain along the shower head wall (to give more room for a small corner bench , avoid standing on the drain, and to simplify the tile pattern/cutting).

I have removed some of the sub-floor to gain access to the plumbing (and this portion of the sub-floor needs to be replaced anyway).

The only way I can think to fit the linear drain and position the linear drain outlet within a joist cavity is to get an "offset outlet" drain, and to rotate the p-trap back towards the horizontal drain pipe.

To better illustrate please see the attached image.

Is this OK? Can the P-trap be rotated at any clocking angle with respect to the horizontal drain pipe? Or is this opposite change in "flow direction" a bad idea?

Any other ideas, or should I give up and stick with the original centered drain location?

Thanks in advanced.

Cheers

P_Trap_Rotation_Clocking.jpg

Yes you can rotate into any direction you need. That is the beauty of a plastic trap over a cast iron no hub trap

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply Mr_David!

For some reason clocking this way goes against my intuition.

quasiloci, that is a very nice drawing you submitted. What did you use to render those images?

Back