Shower: Hot and Cold Water Issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarman1956

Reaction score
I've rebuilt my hot and cold valves. However, I can't for the life of me figure out why the cold water disappears when I turn on the hot. I'm standing there frustrated because I have the hot going, add the cold until I hear the water pressure increase. But, the water temp is not changing...Still very hot. I turn off the hot, and no cold water is coming out. So, I turn both off. I then start by turning the Cold water on first. Good steady stream. Add the hot, then the cold disappears again. Turn off the Hot, and there's no cold coming out...

WTF ????

Help Please....Thanks

Odd indeed, what are the make of the valves you changed? a picture of the trim setup would help. Could be a pressure balancing issue, though it sounds liek you have seperate hot and cold valves.. did you mess with piping ?

Liquid: You mentioned "pressure". When I first turn on the hot water side, a blast of water comes out and goes down to a trinkle. I then turn the valve more and more water comes out as a normal valve would.

Yes: two valves. hot and cold

thanks

check to see if any shut off valves you turned off, are on all the way..
pressure reg needs checked also

soundls liek a possiblle line blockage or something of the likes, I am with John on this one as I dont see how this could really happen with 2 seperate valves... again to the OP pictures of the setup would help. I assume this wasnt a problem before the "fix" ?

did you get specific cartriges for the valves that you replace the originals with or did you use generic ones ?

Latest posts

Back