Shower handle fell off--advice needed

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tourdebruce

Reaction score
Hello,
The shower/tub handle fell off from the wall. It is not clear how they go back together again.
From the photos, it appears that the wall-side is a female, threaded hole. On the handle-side, there appears to be a hole for a screw that aligns with the wall-side female, threaded hole.
Simple right?
Except that I can't figure out how to get a screw into the handle side. Does the handle top somehow open up?
Anyone know or recognize the brand here?

Thanks,
Bruce
IMG_4012.jpgIMG_4018.jpgIMG_4013.jpg

Got the cap off. No screw…maybe tenants lost it? In any case, I spent some time going back and forth to hardware store trying to fit a screw.

#8-32 too large
M4 too large
#6-32 seems almost right but slightly too large / threads not matching
M3 too small

Ugh. Any suggestions?

Any idea who the manufacturer is? Could it be proprietary screw???

Last edited:
I think it’s a Rohl faucet. You could send Rohl technical support pics.

I believe that screw is about $30

Thanks everyone for the help and advice. I was able to call House Of Rohl this morning and they are shipping me the screw...gratis. It does appear to be a custom sizing of some sort...although the support person wasn't able to tell me exactly the specs of the screw.

Here is the image of replacement parts and their part numbers if anyone gets into a similar situation. The part labeled 1-2 (p/n ZZ93123000).

image001.png

Latest posts

Back