shower diverter stem issue

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcdeigo

Reaction score
The problem is I have a screw that is broke off in the shower diverter stem (the head is broke off), which is preventing me from attaching a knob. The screw needs to come out or the diverter stem needs to be changed out. I was not able to remove the diverter stem, and even using a set of the plumbers stem removal sockets, the deep sockets that are supposed to remove these, and it did not work to remove this diverter stem. I've tried channel locks, wrenches, pliers, vice grips, but that diverter stem will not budge. I may have to have the entire water mixer replaced. I just had this tile and tub professionally refinished so I do not want to tear out any tiles to replace the water mixer. I recently replaced both the hot and cold stems, I would like to find a way to just fix the diverter issue since I just spent money replacing the stems. I’d like to find a diverter knob that does not require a center screw to attach to the stem. I’m hoping someone can help. Thanks.

divcropped.jpg

I know that exist several brand that produce their diverter shower without central screw.. But I think that is impossible that it is compatible with your part.. For me you have only two way to make it..for first, you can try again to remove the part, and change with another new.. For second you can search a bi-component for brass, and paste the diverter shower with its knob.. But one time that you have pasted this two parts,you will can not remove the knob for maintenance..

I know that exist several brand that produce their diverter shower without central screw.. But I think that is impossible that it is compatible with your part.. For me you have only two way to make it..for first, you can try again to remove the part, and change with another new.. For second you can search a bi-component for brass, and paste the diverter shower with its knob.. But one time that you have pasted this two parts,you will can not remove the knob for maintenance..
thank you for your input :)

Back