Shower arm support question

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

manorajs89

Reaction score
Hi. working on a plumbing project at home with a plumber and shower line going from shower rough to the elbow is not supported at the elbow. But at 4 inches below the elbow. When the shower arm is installed i see a pivot play and i am worried this might lead to a failure in the future. So wanted to check with you all on what options do i have to properly secure the line at the elbow.

Please note there is a drop ear elbow at the joint but is not being used now. Can i add a 2x4 behind the elbow and secure it? Is there a way i can secure it from behind. Also, the shower is fully tiled now but I do have access to the line through the side wall which is open currently.

Install a 2x4 behind it then chip a little tile on each side of the shower arm so you can use a skinny bit and screw to drive through the ear holes on the drop ell.

Your escutcheon should still cover where you chipped out. If you want draw a pencil line around your escutcheon and do not break past the line.

Latest posts

Back