should I redo my PVC glue job?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianH

Reaction score
Hi. I started my irigation project today and it has been a long time sense I had glued PVC together and I did it slightly wrong. I primed both the outside of the one end and the inside of the other end, but only put glue on the outside of the one end. For some reason I thought you were supposed to do it so that you didint end up with glue pushed inside your piping. I had a feeling of doubt and when inside and watched a video and the guy on the video put glue both inside and out.

It's 1inch PVC at 60-70psi, right before an automatic valve, so there could be some pressure spikes.

Should I redo it? I will probably be going back into town soon anyway to get more parts.

I still think its a bit wired that you put glue on the inside, cause if you get a little lip of glue sticking up inside the pipe it will slowly break off and could clog things downstream.

Thanks for any advice.
-Adrian

For peace of mind redo it. Piping and fittings should be glued and cleaned if cleaner is requied.

Make sure that your pipe is in socket fully to prevent blow outs. Sometimes i even use sandcloth to rough up the pipe so glue has something to grab

Thanks guys, exactly what I was thinking. Best to do things right, in heinsight it seems like a silly question.

Latest posts

Back