Should I change my Toilet?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jared984

Reaction score
Okay, so we had some septic problems recently. Toilet would take 3 flushes to actually flush, etc... Turned out that we never knew our septic was actually a 1000 Gallon tank with two chambers and not just a 500 gallon tank. Never had the second chamber pumped since we moved in, drain got plugged, and the whole thing filled with mostly water. Thankfully the guy that came this time, figured out that we had a second chamber in minutes and solved our issue. The idiots that remodeled the house didn't replace the whole septic line either. They only spliced in to the old line, and I don't think it was really graded properly. However we haven't really had an issue with that. We were debating buying a new toilet. We have an older American Standard. I believe it's a Cadet. 1.6gpf, model 4021016. We bought a new Kohler cimmaron with the Aqua Piston 1.28/gpf but before I go installing anything, I want to make sure I'm not making a mistake. Will the 1.6gpf be better for flushing down the line or the 1.28 with the piston? Help please?

Latest posts

Back