Should I be concerned?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

revjhatfield

Reaction score
Came across this the other day. Should I be concerned with the rust on the connector? Please see attached photo. Thanks!

DSCN3591.jpg

As long as you don't find any pitting (anotherwords, rust holes) in the tee, it probably won't fail overnight. It needs to changed out at some point, though.

I noticed two hose clamps on the back side of the right hand fitting. What are these clamps holding in place? Is the left hand of the two wires shown in the photo being worn through by the hose clamps or the vibration of the piping? Maybe everything is fine, but from what I can see, I would be concerned about the overall installation.

The clamps are not rubbing the wires. This setup is less than desirable though. I was assuming I was going to have to change the tee out to keep from possibly flooding my basement. This photo is in the horizontal, when it acutality it is in the vertical. I'll attach another photo. Any suggestions on a better setup? Sadly, this is behind a wall, just has a hole cut in the drywall inside a cabinet in the basement office.

DSCN3590.jpg

I agree with the above comments, it will need to be changed, and it's better to change it before anything goes wrong.

Back