Shallow Well pump replacement. Please help.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluebeat

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

Helping out elder couple. Friends. They have ~20-25 year old Shallow well pump in their crawlspace. The pump is Grundfos JP-7 3/4 HP There seem to be minor leak going on. Corrosion is everywhere. It could be that connection is leaky and drips into the housing. Connection is definitely an issue too and has to be re-piped.

I have somebody who can re-pipe it and replace pump. I want to have the pump on hand, so if it needs to be replaced, I have one on hand.
Including images of tag from the pump installed.

I am thinking of this one for replacement:
https://www.amazon.com/RainBro-Cast-Shallow-Model-CSW075/dp/B088K5R6H1
I know its not top of the line, but will it work as replacement?

Kindly let me know.
Thank you.

Mike.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    546.7 KB · Views: 0
Valveman... Not sure how you can answer the question if you didn't see what I want to replace it with...
Links ARE scanned by this site. It is a standard Amazon link. Not sure what is the issue, seems you have been here for 13 years.....

If the one I found would not do it, can somebody recommend one, but something affordable please...
Thanks.

Last edited:
I can tell by the model number. I am sure the links are scanned. Lol! But it starts with an A and I refuse to do business with or even mention that name. Don't get me started. Can probably find a similar deal on Ebay or many other places.

Ohh, don't be scared of Amazon. It 's run by angels :)

Lets try this another way.
If what they have now is a "Mercedes" what will be equivalent in "Ford" line? They are not wealthy, so trying to find something cheaper than $700+ . I just don't want to get something under powered.

Latest posts

Back