Septic working properly however it failed for degrading concrete distribution box?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jessyluv11

Reaction score
I had a septic inspection completed on my home that is currently on the market. Ive occupied the home for 4+ years and never had any "tell tale signs" of a failing septic. I scheduled a septic company to inspect it and I was shown several pictures upon completion as well as the official inspection report. The report confirms everything is working properly, no tree roots, no leech spots, no excess water, etc. They pumped it and dug up the distribution box. It failed for degrading concrete in distribution box? How can it fail if everything continues to work properly? They should be able to advise someone to replace it soon but to fail an inspection?

In my opinion, the d box looks fine... I don't really see any crumbling, etc? Can a professional please check these couple of pics out really quick and give me your honest opinion? 1.jpg2.jpg5.jpg7.jpg
Is this really enough to fail an inspection?

How much is the average distribution box replacement? The box has already been dug and the tank has been pumped.

Thank u very much for your time and thoughts on this... I genuinely appreciate it... more than u know!!!!

Jess

Looks fine to me from the pics. I wouldn’t do a thing other than sealing the top to the tank better.

If it failed inspection... will a lender give money to the buyer?

Should I get another company to inspect it?

I don't know how any of the inspection, mortgage, buyer stipulation crap flows. 🤬

Probably not as good as the crap flows in my septic, lmfao...
🤣

I’d probably have some just inspected the distribution box for structural integrity. Not the entire system.

Thank u very much for taking the time to check out my post. I really do appreciate it. I'm going to contact a different company tomorrow morning to set up another inspection. I'm pretty sure they will have to do the entire inspection over, so they can cover their butts.. especially if they end up passing it.

Thanks a bunch!

Thank u very much for taking the time to check out my post. I really do appreciate it. I'm going to contact a different company tomorrow morning to set up another inspection. I'm pretty sure they will have to do the entire inspection over, so they can cover their butts.. especially if they end up passing it.

Thanks a bunch!
It passed every other test I assume. The only problem was one man’s opinion about the D -box.

No way I’d let them dump more water into my drainfield “ testing “

Fortunately, I moved out a little over than a month ago... so it'll probably be ok...

It just really rubs me the wrong way that the system operates fine. ALL operating portions passed. The only thing someone wants to pick at is something that doesn't even look like its "degrading"? And then FAIL me on it?

Now I'm kinda stuck... either I put out more money for a second opinion inspection or I put out the money for the quote they gave me on replacing the box and necessary lines if found damaged upon removal? Which is CRAZY... because everything works fine. I would understand alot more if something was wrong... like roots, a broken pipe, leveling was off, clogged pipe... anything... but not this... ya know?

I was LIVID when i saw the pictures and didnt really see any damage.

Im beyond PISSED they had the nerve to give me a quote to do the work they failed me on... wth?

Back