Septic or Sump for additional laundry room floor drain.

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nerdkingdan

Reaction score
I had a sump pump connected to the sewer working as the drainage for my laundry machine in the basement.

I now have two basins, one as a sump to the yard, and another for the laundry and new toilet. I decided to add an additional floor drain in front of the laundry machine, it will be higher than the main floor drain in a dedicated laundry room, next to the bathroom. Should this drain be connected to the sump, or because it’s likely only going to be dealing with dirty laundry water should it be connected to the sewer? In the 15 years we had the house no water has been in this area except from the washer.

If I connect it to sump it will be the third sump drain, alternatively I could create a small path through the wall for water to go into the bathroom sump floor drain?

It would be a lot of work to connect it to the sump, and only a few feet of breaking up the floor to connect it to the sewer. I plan to tile both rooms, and having a way for water to flow to the bathroom wouldn’t be too rough.

Thanks!

Latest posts

Back