Seep sink drain?

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacky

Reaction score
I have an old house built in the 40s. In the basement I have a large floor sink made out of concrete that I was told was a seep sink. The concrete floor by the sink buckled a long time ago below a concrete pier and was repaired DIY style.

Is it possible this sink is not connected to the sewer drain? Were seep sinks drained directly under foundations back in the day?

What I was told was a seep sink is located directly on the basement concrete floor next to the foundation wall. Made out of concrete, it is about 4x4 with a drain in the middle.

What I'm trying to find out is if there is a way that I can find out if it drains into the sewer or just seeps out under the foundation. I know that I can drain my washer into it now but I wonder if I will wash away what's beneath the foundation...

Thanks

do you have a clean out, outside? open the clean out, run a hose in the pit.
see if water is in the pipe at the clean out

or. get a smoke bomb. , suck the trap dry with a wet vac in the seep pit, drop the smoke bomb down a vent pipe
watch for smoke

thanks for the help but I think I'm just going to assume that the pipe from the seep sink is broken or non existent. Something caused the material under the foundation to erode and allowed the concrete floor to settle and break. I would fix it if this place was worth it but the house has too many problems to bother...

Latest posts

Back