Second opinion on DWV please

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cajun_D

Reaction score
I’m looking to get some experienced eyes to look over this layout please. Should this layout function/drain/vent properly in your opinion? Sure hoping so! Thanks 17323F59-6C73-4D4A-B3E1-A6EDBFC34E21.jpeg

No need to have that pink wrap on the pvc. Concrete can touch the pvc.
Ok. Does the layout and venting appear ok to you? The bathroom up top is venting through 2” sink vent.
The toilet to the right will vent off that sink next to it.
The tub/shwr has a separate vent.
Thanks for the help.

It’ll work fine if you have your slope correct. No sagging

I‘d want concrete right up to my pipes. That seals it up. Pvc doesn’t need to be sleeved like that.

You should be able to drop a tennis ball in any of those pipes 3” >and it roll out the main. 🤠

I have friends in Hammond and Baton Rouge. Had family in New Orleans at one time.

You should be able to drop a tennis ball in any of those pipes 3” >and it roll out the main. 🤠

I have friends in Hammond and Baton Rouge. Had family in New Orleans at one time.

Yeah I started thinking 2” might be trouble. Lol I don’t want to cut pipe for a stuck tennis ball.
I’m about an hour south of New Orleans.

Unless I'm wrong and the codes are different where you're located, the tub and shower at the top of the page are not vented correctly. The toilet is washing by the shower and tub lines with no vent on them.

Unless I'm wrong and the codes are different where you're located, the tub and shower at the top of the page are not vented correctly. The toilet is washing by the shower and tub lines with no vent on them.

His vents are sticking out the ground a couple feet in the air for the tub and the shower at the top of the picture.

Actually I have that tub and shower wet venting at the sink. Will this not work? Inspection passed, but please confirm if this will function ok.

I'm sure that it will work just fine. It just wouldn't pass inspection here in my area. I was always taught that a toilet (major fixture) cannot pass by a tub/shower/floor drain, (minor fixture) without a vent in between.

I know things are done differently all over the country so I'm not saying yours is wrong for your area.

Risers.jpg

I'm sure that it will work just fine. It just wouldn't pass inspection here in my area. I was always taught that a toilet (major fixture) cannot pass by a tub/shower/floor drain, (minor fixture) without a vent in between.

I know things are done differently all over the country so I'm not saying yours is wrong for your area.

View attachment 32188
Thanks for the drawing. Really helps seeing it laid out. Are you under the 2015 IPC in your area? I did do the 8’ max on the drains.
It passed inspection, but sometimes you never know if it’s truly going to function like it should.
This under slab stuff can get confusing with the vents. My first attempt at this drainage stuff, so I appreciate the guidance from you guys.

View attachment 32188
There is a vent in between. The toilet is wet vented. The tub and the shower are individually vented.
The vent is between the shower trap and the toilet, same for the tub, there’s a vent between the toilet and tub.

Thanks for the drawing. Really helps seeing it laid out. Are you under the 2015 IPC in your area? I did do the 8’ max on the drains.
It passed inspection, but sometimes you never know if it’s truly going to function like it should.
This under slab stuff can get confusing with the vents. My first attempt at this drainage stuff, so I appreciate the guidance from you guys.

He is not understanding that the pipes stubbed up for the shower and the tub are vents. He thinks the traps are already in place, they’re not.

The toilets wet vented.

He is not understanding that the pipes stubbed up for the shower and the tub are vents. He thinks the traps are already in place, they’re not.

The toilets wet vented.
Well that make more sense now! I did think the stubs were traps. Here we put the traps on during the under ground and the vents are couple of feet away so not to get in the way of any water piping or valve placement.
Also here if the traps are not on during the underground we would have to retest the underground for the traps to get tested. In fact we usually have all our san tees and stub outs for the sinks on so we don't have to test them again during the top out.

Latest posts

Back