searching for main shutoff valve trim

Plumbing Forums

Help Support Plumbing Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeh85

Reaction score
I've been to a couple of local plumbing supply houses, none have been able to ID this shutoff trim/outlet box. I took this photo in a friend's house under construction 3 months ago, and I am looking for the same type of trim to use when I replace my main shutoff valve.

Looks like it was provided blank and the plumber drilled the holes in the ends for the pipe. The only answer I seem to get from the supply houses is "buy a washer outlet box and remove the valves." That seems like a waste, if the product I need is made and available.

Anyone know who makes this or what I should be searching for?

Thank you!
-Michael

IMAG0392.jpg

Thank you both--it looks like both Oatey and Sioux Chief offer blank icemaker and washer outlet boxes, which may work for what I need. Still scratching my head as to why those ones in the photo are so hard to find. That plumbing contractor who built the house used them, so they must be available somewhere. Oh well... probably not worth spending more time searching for.

Thanks again.

Still scratching my head as to why those ones in the photo are so hard to find. That plumbing contractor who built the house used them, so they must be available somewhere. Oh well... probably not worth spending more time searching for.

There are other manufacturers. Maybe give him a call and ask where he got them?

Thank you both--it looks like both Oatey and Sioux Chief offer blank icemaker and washer outlet boxes, which may work for what I need. Still scratching my head as to why those ones in the photo are so hard to find. That plumbing contractor who built the house used them, so they must be available somewhere. Oh well... probably not worth spending more time searching for.

Thanks again.

if you know the cpntractor ask him.

this is what we do.

when i top out a house, the box the tub valve comes in. i put the tub trim

in it, and duct tape the washer box and ice maker box cover to the box

then I write the lot # or address on the box. and it goes on a shelf, in the trim room.

when the time comes to trim the fixtures, all trim and the box go to the house.

simple ..works for me

he probably, has that box in his shop, on a shelf.

So after all that searching, I went to visit my friend and looke at the finished valve trim. The plumber used a Water-Tite icemaker box after all for the main valve. The bottom one for the regulator looks to be a washing machine outlet box.

I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a box made for main shutoff valves. But none the less, thank you all for your suggestions. I will likely go with a blank washer outlet box for my needs.

So after all that searching, I went to visit my friend and looke at the finished valve trim. The plumber used a Water-Tite icemaker box after all for the main valve. The bottom one for the regulator looks to be a washing machine outlet box.

I'm a bit disappointed that there isn't a box made for main shutoff valves. But none the less, thank you all for your suggestions. I will likely go with a blank washer outlet box for my needs.

there is a box for main water cut off valves.

its a dual purpose box, also used for washing machine drains.

and another is also used for icemakers.
:D

I'm not sure about an access panel, I'd want the main shutoff to be more accessible.

Frodo, do you know which manufacturer makes the box for main cutoffs/washing machine drains?

you can get this box at any hardware store..this is an eastmen, cost is around 25 dollars

a box is a box, take the valve out.[unscrew] and drill a hole for your line where ever you want it.

we do it all the time.

i use them for gas piping valves in the kitchen,,for the oven

water main.

trap primers

wasahing box

and to tote stuff around with :D

8487ec6c-0912-48df-8567-e894a4cf0f2e_400.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the Depot this evening and sifted through the washer and icemaker boxes they had. I found one that worked about perfectly--Oatey #38120, a washer drain box without the valves (no need to buy what I don't need).

Just had to drill two holes in the sides, 1" hole saw did the trick. Should be perfect once I get it installed and patch the drywall.

IMAG1008.jpg

Latest posts

Back